Saturday, May 1, 2010

Venice, Italy, Sun 24 Jan 2010

First thing we did in the morning was a Gondola ride. Ridiculous money but I had always wanted to so wasn't passing up the opportunity. Nick and I picked a beautiful red adorned Gondola and curled up under a blanket together. It was early morning and we were the only ones out in some of the canals. So gorgeous and so romantic. I don't know why people think Paris is the most romantic city, my vote is for Venice!

We spent the rest of the day walking the streets of Venice, we walked a lot that weekend! We visited a lot of mask shops and I ended up buying a small red one (even though I was convinced I wasn't going to).

We saw the Rialto bridge covered in market stalls. A bit too touristy and tacky in that area for me. Much preferred the back streets. Dinner was at our local again. More delicious pasta concoctions, but the real reason we came back twice? Their Lemon vodka sorbet. The best dessert I have ever tasted in my life! It was served in a champagne glass and was smooth enough to drink and wow how delicious it was!!

We had one more day on Monday exploring the streets of Venice and I swear I think we walked the entire island! It was a long long long journey back to London but it was so worth it. Venice was an amazing city, one of my favourites ever. I'm so glad we went during the low season.

No comments: