Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I'm leaving on a jet plane..... no wait it's a Volvo!

So we are leaving London in less than 24 hours. Having a lot of mixed feelings about it; excited, nervous, happy, sad, stressed... you know the usual for me :)

First stop will be the Lake District in England. Will update my blog and put up photos as often as possible. But to start with lets reminisce about London and the things I will miss.

Things I will miss about London
  1. Sunday picnics drinking cider/wine in the park
  2. English pubs
  3. West End Musicals anytime I like! - Seen Les Miserables, Wicked, Lion King, Oliver, Chicago, Sister Act.
  4. Book Club
  5. Koppaberg Pear/Mixed Fruits Cider
  6. Hare and Tortoise noodle house - best local takeaways I have ever had.
  7. Chinatown - mmm crispy duck
  8. My colleagues and boss (yep not many can say that!) I'm still trying to convince them to come visit in NZ
  9. Soap & Glory beauty products - the body butter and hand cream is the yummiest smelling stuff eva!
  10. Jammy Dodgers (like shrewsberries biscuits but which one is better?!) with tea (yep London converted me to a tea drinker!)
  11. Gok Wan (love his tv shows!)
  12. Ben Sherman clothing
  13. Brick Lane (best curry ever)
  14. Markets - Portobello, Camden, Borough, Spitafields...
  15. Cheap eats - £1 easter eggs and .27p canned backed beans
  16. TV on demand
  17. Scones with jam and clotted cream! mmm clotted cream
  18. Public transport 24/7 (even if it is night buses)
  19. Riverside walks along the Thames
  20. Carnaby Street for shopping
  21. London in the snow
  22. Cheap books - £1.50 charity shop books, £4 amazon new release books
  23. Amazon - how will I live without you?!
  24. Oliver Bonas (shopping)
  25. Putney! what a cool little suburb
BYE LONDON!!!!! I'LL MISS YOU

No comments: